MTS Belarus is a telecommunications company operating in Belarus. It was established as a joint venture between Beltelecom, which owns 51% of the shares, and the Russian Mobile TeleSystems OJSC, which owns the remaining 49%. MTS Belarus provides services of cellular communication and data transmission. As of December 2017, the company had a subscriber base of 5.2 million in Belarus. The company operates under the MTS trademark and is a subsidiary of Mobile TeleSystems JLLC.
Alias
JLLC Mobile TeleSystems
Country
Type
Network Operator
Ownership
MTS Belarus Logo

3G Network

The company provided 2G GSM services on 900 and 1800 MHz bands, and launched 3G DC-HSPA+ services over B1 (2100 MHz) and B8 (900 MHz) UMTS bands in May 2010. 

    Network Frequency Band Status Known UARFCNs
    Active
    Active
    Date Event Subtype
    Launch of 3G Network
    Launch

    4G Network

    Belarus has an unusual method of deploying LTE services, where the government as part of their Unified Republican Data Network initiative has elected a single infrastructure provider Belarussian Cloud Technologies (beCloud) to provide the physical LTE-A radio access network over B3 (1800 MHz) and B7 (2600 MHz) bands, which is in turn leased to MTS.

    In January 2018 the company announced the readiness of its commercial NB-IoT network operating over the B8 (900 MHz) LTE band.

      4G Frequency Bands
      Network Frequency Band Max. Channel Bandwidth Status Known EARFCNs
      20
      Active
      15
      Active
      0.2
      Active
      Date Event Subtype
      Launch of 4G Network
      Launch

      5G Network

      The company began testing of 5G in June 2020.

        Date Event Subtype