Nexttel is a telecommunications company operating in Cameroon. The company was established in 2014 as a joint venture between the Vietnamese military-backed telecoms giant Viettel Group and a local partner, Bestinver Cameroon. The company's ownership was split with Viettel Group who held a majority 70% stake, while the remaining 30% was owned by Bestinver Cameroon. Viettel exited shareholding of the company in 2023.

Alias
Viettel Cameroun S.A.R.L.
Country
Type
Network Operator
Ownership
Nexttel logo
3G Network

The company has operated a 2G GSM network over the 900 MHz and 1800 MHz bands, and 3G UMTS services over the B1 (2100 MHz) band since inception.

    Network Frequency Band Status
    Active
    Date Event Subtype