Hrvatski Telekom is a Croatian telecommunications company founded on 28 December 1998. The establishment of the company followed the division of the Croatian Post and Telecommunications into two separate entities: Croatian Post and Croatian Telecom. These new entities commenced their business operations on 1 January 1999. The company's primary services encompass fixed telephony, broadband internet, IPTV, and mobile telephony. In terms of ownership, Deutsche Telekom AG, a German telecommunications company, holds a significant stake. This relationship began in October 1999 when Deutsche Telekom purchased a 35% stake in Hrvatski Telekom for $850 million. Later, in 2001, Deutsche Telekom acquired an additional 16% stake in Hrvatski Telekom, bringing its total ownership to 51%. Other notable shareholders include the Raiffeisen Mandatory Pension Funds, Croatian War Veterans’ Fund and the Croatian government's Restructuring and Sale Centre.
Alias
Hrvatski Telekom d.d.
Country
Type
Network Operator
T-Mobile Logo
3G Network

The company provided 2G GSM services over the 900 and 1800 MHz bands, and launched 3G UMTS over B1 (2100 MHz) and B8 (900 MHz) in November 2006 which it upgraded to DC-HSPA+ in December 2010.

    Network Frequency Band Status
    Active
    Active
    Date Event Subtype
    Launch of 3G Network
    Launch
    4G Network

    4G LTE began in March 2012 using a 10 MHz B3 (1800 MHz) carrier. B20 (800 MHz) LTE was introduced December that year to provide extended coverage. T-Hrvatski introduced LTE-A 2C technology in May 2014 aggregating both 10 MHz of B3 and 10 MHz of B20 to provide a 136 Mbps service.

    In November 2016 the company announced it had begun implementing LTE-A Pro technology on its network to provide gigabit performance.

    In May 2018 the company launched Croatia's first national IoT network using NB-IoT over their B20 (800 MHz) network.

    B28 (700 MHz) was observed in 2022.

      4G Frequency Bands
      Network Frequency Band Max. Channel Bandwidth Status Known EARFCNs
      15
      Active
      75
      20
      Active
      1501, 1899
      15
      Active
      6375
      10
      Active
      9460
      Date Event Subtype
      Launch of 4G Network
      Launch
      5G Network

      HT launched their 5G network in October 2020, initially using n1 (2100 MHz) as a DSS band, but later activating n78 (3500 MHz) mid-band and an n258 (26 GHz) mmWave band.

        Network Frequency Band Max. Channel Bandwidth Status
        15
        Active
        100
        Active
        400
        Active
        Date Event Subtype
        Launch of 5G Network
        Launch